Among our fundraising efforts, an important one is Give Miami Day. Sponsored by the Miami Foundation, this is the largest annual philanthropic event in the Southern US. In 2014, a total of $5.2 million were donated by almost 20,000 donors on behalf of 520 local non-profit organizations. We at Historic Virginia Key Beach Park would like to raise nearly $40,000 placing us on the map among the relevant participating educational and environmental non-profit organizations.
This is how it works: For a period of 24 hours, starting at midnight November 19th, you can go online and donate to the local non-profit organization of your choice.
Why donate to the Historic Virginia Key Beach Park on Give Miami Day:
- Opportunity to give to a cause that will outlast
- It’s the easiest and most efficient way to achieve immediate results
- Be socially responsible and support your community
- Safeguard against budget cuts
- It’s tax deductible
- Donations will be partially matched for a bonus gift to SPE offered by the Miami Foundation.